A Homemade Brunch - Inspired by Granger and Co.

Previously, in my first article I recommended to you Granger and Co. who are infamous for their Ricotta Hotcakes with honeycomb butter. I popped by a few weekends ago and to no surprise there was a line round the corner which probably started at opening time!  Just peering into the window I could see that almost every table had ordered a platter of these hotcakes and they did not fail to impress. The honeycomb butter combined with the syrup on these fluffy cakes of goodness was oh so sinful. These pancakes are much fluffier than regular American buttermilk pancakes but they do not skimp on the flavor or sinfulness. The basic recipe is much the same as a buttermilk pancake but we substitute the buttermilk with ricotta cheese and whipped up egg whites. I had made ricotta hotcakes before but I felt like that one had a bit too much flour and not enough cheese or eggs. Time for some recipe experimentation! My second time round I tried to whip the egg whites a little more to incorporate as much air as I could into the batter and then altered the proportions of cheese/eggs to flour. To serve, I sliced a banana and some fresh strawberries (very much in season now) and topped my homemade stack of hotcakes with a bit a whipped honeycomb butter (with homemade honeycomb) and the all important syrup. There is just something about eating piping hot pancakes with melting honeycomb butter and syrup - lets just say it warms the soul and really brightens your day. Brunch never looked so good!






 This recipe by Izy from Topwithcinnamon inspired my version of these famous pancakes. 



(All rights reserved - © Michelle, Rachelle and Lyn Tan)


Notting Hill is one of the up and coming places for brunch. Just around the corner from the famous Portobello road are Snaps and Rye, Golbourne Deli, Kipferl, Granger and Co., Babylon Blanket. I’m sure there is a range of others that I haven’t mentioned. Some of these cafes and brunch spots are interdispersed amongst small independent hipster shops selling jewelry and fashion pieces. Be sure to check them out if you are ever in the area! For those of you living in London at the moment, Granger and Co. are opening a new branch in King's Cross so there's no excuse to not pay them a visit! 


Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram