BlackBox

Address: 888/8-9 Ploenchit Road, Pathumwan District, Bangkok, 10330, Thailand (near Mahatun Plaza)
Telephone: 02 651 5188
Website: https://www.facebook.com/blackboxbangkok
Rating: 7/10 but definitely 9/10 for their coffee

I'm back in the homeland #thailandhomeland for my easter break/songkran holiday - the water festival in Thailand. The minute I stepped out of the airport I could feel the familiar heat and humidity that I was so used to during the 12 years I lived here. After following many Bangkok based blogs I had found a host of cafes and restaurants to visit in my very short 4 weeks there. One of the ones that came up on my list was blackbox and since I was in the area I decided to drop by for their recommended brunch. It is only located a few blocks down from the existing cafe bicycle which has now closed down.



We ordered the much recommended pulled pork eggs benedict which looked like a much larger portion on the menu. Priced at 220 Baht I was hoping for a much more filling dish however, it sadly slightly disappointed. The pulled pork was tender however, it was slightly too sweet for my liking, a dash of worcestershire sauce or some acid would help make the smoked barbecue flavor more pronounced. The poached eggs were also overdone and the egg yolk failed to flow out to coat the pulled pork and act as an additional sauce to dip the bread in. The bread could have been more wholesome as well, perhaps choosing a more dense sour dough or whole wheat bread would have suited the dish much better. We also ordered a roasted vegetable salad which was satisfying with a unique balsamic based dressing with feta crumbled on top for some extra savoriness. 

Now for the best part of the meal, the coffee. The perfect pick-me-up. I think if you were to visit this cafe, definitely come for the coffee. Its the perfect place to catch up on some job/internship applications or some revision for the upcoming exams whilst sipping on a piping hot cup of caffeine. The latte was so smooth and you can really taste the roasted flavor from the beans and on top of that the delightful coffee art just sweetens the deal. I usually take my coffee with a little bit of sugar, but I didn't feel the need to sweeten the coffee at all so that the flavor of the coffee itself was able to shine. 



The interior design is also very modern with mismatched chairs and tables and a main color theme of black and yellow. They have modernistic cubic lights reflecting their name "blackbox". Hope you all are having a wonderful friday - TGIF xx. 


Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram